Saturday 7 February 2015

Live music

I remember when I was about ten years old, I went with my sister to the bar in our village where all the young folks were always gathering. We used to hang out there a lot, especially in the part of the bar that was built on a tree. This one day, we met a homeless drunk who was reeking of alcohol and sweat, so we decided to go home. But all of a sudden he started to talk about music. I will never forget when he said "Nowdays people don't understand music, for them it's just something that entertains them while they are working. They don't understand the music. The true music is the one that makes your body shiver." 

Couldn't agree more.

Yesterday I went to the Poznań Philharmonic for the first time. I've always wanted to go there, especially to hear Rahmaninov piano concert live, but I thought that it was too expensive for a poor student like me. I was shocked when my boyfriend gave me tickets for my birthday that cost only 20zł! So we went to the concert called "Love a la butterfly".
The Poznan Philharmonic Orchestra, leaded by Eiji Oue, a famous japanese conducter, began the concert with the Rapshody for Orchestra by Yuzo Toyama. 


                                       


We were really surprised to hear such a dynamic music. Even the older people were slightly shaking their heads to the melody:) I immediately fell in love with the conducter. He was full of energy and happiness (for me, it looked like he was dancing, not conducting). In the second part called "The Butterfly Lovers" the leading instrument was played by a chinese violinist Xiaoming Wang. This part of the concert was based on a Chinese lengend of a tragic love story of a pair of lovers, Liang Shanbo and Zhu Yingtai. The violin was representing the woman, and the cello - man. It was simply amazing how well they played. In the third part they performed Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4 





At the end of the concert the audience just couldn't stop clapping and whistling. The conducter was forced to come back on the stage. While they were playing again one part of Yuzo Toyama's Rapshody, Eiji Oue was conducing not only the orchestra, but also the audience:) He walked through the hall with a big smile on his face and proudly put on himself some kind of japanese coat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment