Monday 2 November 2015

"I think if one person loves something enough it can never be obsolete"



Time goes by so fast. No. Correction. Time goes by TOO fast. 
The older I get the more I realise how fast everything around me changes. Sometimes the change is good. If we think about medicine, every advance is one step closer to understandig how human body works, or how to cure illnesses that are still black magic to us. 

But if we think about or daily life, all those things, like smartphones or tablets, are unnecessary. It amuses me when I sit in one place surrounded by people, and I keep on starring at them, but no one realises, cuz they're so busy playing with their phones.  What happened with the concept that phone is for calling? What was wrong with the typewriters, landline telephones (I loved to play with those!) or cassettes? 



Ever feel like the whole world is disappearing? Species by species, technology by technology everything you know and love is becoming obsolete.


One of the most beautiful movies that I've ever seen, "Obselidia" tells us a story of a lonely librarian, George, who is creating The Obselidia, an encyclopedia of obsolete things.


I highly recommend you to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment