Wednesday 17 December 2014

Bilbao, the city of my dreams

I really miss travelling.

I believe that when I was living in Bilbao I had the best time of my life. I was there as an exchange student at Deusto University just for one year, but that year was the longest and the most fascinating in my life.


Bilbao is the beating heart of Basque Country. Although it's located in Spain, I wouldn't call it a Spanish city. I was surrounded by people who were speaking not only spanish, but also euskera. At first it was strange, because these two languages are totally different. But it didn't take long for me to become more fascinated with the second one. I knew that I came there to study Spanish, but I just couldn't help myself:)
My favorite word is pimpilimpausa, which means butterfly.
The second one, sirimiri which means drizzle.
But it's not only the language that differs them from the rest of Spain. The people who live there at first seem to be more shy, more introvert, but once you get to know them, you see how wonderful they are.

It's not really important whether you like football or not, when you're in Bilbao it's impossible not to love Athletic, the Basque football team.



           And here, one of my favorite songs in euskera.
                       Spring is coming..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment